The MTEA sponsors a number of valuable professional development sessions, for each workshop, you will receive 2 PD hours.
A full description of each workshop is located for each workshop posted on the home page.
|October 14, 2019||Adverse Childhood Experiences||The attendees of this workshop will explore how adverse experiences shape learning ad affect the overall performance of our students. This will be offered on district PD days and will be provided by the NJEA. Attendance is limited, but encouraged.|
|November 11, 2019||Adverse Childhood Experiences|
|October 23, 2019||ADD/ADHD||This workshop is designed to provide a basic understanding of Attention Deficit Disorder/ Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ADD/ADHD), including who, what and why. Participants will walk away with strategies to utilize in hers/his respective classrooms the very next day.|
|December 11, 2019||Visible Learning||The philosophy of Visible Learning is the critical study of what helps students to learn and what hinders them. Often times we as people do not see what is directly in front of our faces, i.e. what is visible. This workshop will help participants to be more aware of the factors that affect learning, whether it is seen or not.|
|February 5, 2020||Introduction to Restorative Justice in Education||Restorative Justice challenges schools to think critically about their perceptions of discipline of students. It is neither a technique nor a tactic. It is a change in thought about how to effectively brings healing to a community, not punitive consequences. This is an important workshop for all levels.|
The PD below are wonderful opportunities and resources offered by the NJEA. Have a look.
- My PD Transcript Your PD Transcript is an online record to which you can add your online statewide NJEA professional development experiences.
- E-Learning Academy NJEA’s E-Learning Academy provides the opportunity to earn professional development credits online anytime, and at your own pace. With its unique features, the E-Learning Academy is an experience that leads to mastery of new skills and knowledge, just like its traditional counterpart.
- NJEA PD Institute Showcase Looking to enhance your skills? Check out NJEA Professional Development Institute-endorsed programs. Workshops that appear in the Showcase have been endorsed by the NJEA Professional Development Institute. The “seal of approval” indicates this provider has met the Institute’s strict guidelines for professional development activities.
- NJEA Convention Tens of thousands of NJEA members from across the state are expected to attend the annual NJEA Convention November 7-8, 2013 in Atlantic City. Recognized as the largest educational gathering of its kind anywhere in the world, the NJEA Convention draws teachers and educational support professionals who participate in over 300 seminars, workshops, and programs.
- NJEA PD Conferences Here you will find information regarding upcoming NJEA professional development statewide conferences.
- PD Partners Information about NJEA’s professional development partner organizations.
- Special Education/Gifted and Talented Valuable resources for special educators.
- Standards and Frameworks Here you will find information regarding New Jersey’s professional development regulations.
- Web Resources NJEA is pleased to provide this collection of online resources as a service to our members. Each month a new topic will be presented.
- ESP Academy NJEA is committed to the continued professional development of all of its members. That’s why we created the ESP Career Academy, which will equip ESP members with the skills they need to excel in their diverse careers.
- ESP web sites Click here for isible Learningweb sites of interest to ESP members.